The following is a list of regularly scheduled meetings and events held monthly in the PortlandTech community. NOTE: Please check with the organization to be sure meeting times/locations haven't changed. Also be aware that many organizations change or cancel regularly occurring meetings around holidays.
- PMUG - Portland Mac User Group -- 6:30 p.m. | General meetings, learn about computer setup, operation and maintenance, as well as a wide range of shareware and commercial software.
- Location: Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center (aka "Ecotrust Center"), 721 NW Ninth Avenue, Portland, OR 97209
- Info: 503-616-473
- Android Portland -- 6pm SE Lucky Lab | A monthly meetup for power users, developers, and interested parties in Google's mobile phone platform.
- PDXFUNC - Portland Functional Programming Study Group -- 7-9pm. pdxfunc is a study/user group exploring functional programming in Portland, Oregon. The group welcomes programmers with any level of experience or interest in any functional language. You can find future meetings on Calagator.
- PDXLinux.org -- Portland Linux/UNIX Group (PLUG) -- 7 p.m. | Advanced Linux Talk, meeting follows a much more stringent format than the general meetings (see first Thursday listing for their general meeting info).
- Location: Jax, 826 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR
- Info: Advanced Talk meeting rules/format
- PDXFCPUG -- Final Cut Pro Portland User Group -- 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Experts to hobbyists discussing both the Apple Final Cut Pro software as well as video animation, compositing and authoring.
- Location: PCC Cascade Campus, Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building, Room 104, 705 N. Killingsworth St., Portland, OR 97217
- The Portland Ruby Brigade -- 7:00-9:00pm | A monthly gathering of Portland Ruby programmers. Find future meetings on Calagator.
- Portland Plone Users Group -- 5:30pm | Presentation, discussions and meetup for Plone beginners, seasoned pro or just the curious.
- Location: OneNW.org Portland office: 1306 NW Hoyt, Suite 406, Portland, OR 97209
- Info: http://portlandploneusers.org/events
- Portland's PHP User Group -- A general meeting on PHP and other open source technologies.
- Location: Cubespace, 622 SE Grand Ave. Portland OR 97214 After meeting at Produce Row Cafe, 204 Se Oak St, Portland, OR 97214
- Info: http://pdxphp.org/
- Python Users Group -- 7pm | Presentation and discussion on Python, beginning to advanced.
- Location: Cubespace, 622 SE Grand Ave. Portland OR 97214
- Info: http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortlandPythonUserGroup
- PJUG -- Portland Java Users Group -- 6:30 p.m. | Open meetings focused on Java technical issues: programming, APIs, tools and techniques.
- Location: Varies, see http://www.pjug.org/ for updated info.
- Personal Telco -- 6:30 p.m. | Weekly small group meetings for Personal Telco Project, which aims to build public Wi-Fi networks covering the city. (Note they also hold smaller meetings weekly -- see their weekly listing.)
- Location: Varies, see their monthly meeting page for current info.
- WikiWednesday -- 5:30 p.m. | Discussion of wikis and related online collaborative tools. For experts and novices alike.
- PDX Web Innovators -- Designers, developers and entrepreneurs based in Portland.
- Locations and times vary. See their events schedule for more info.
- Portland Drupal Group -- 6 p.m. | General meetings.
- Portland Perl Mongers -- 6:53pm | Open meetings on Perl programming, often with guest speakers.
- PPCUG -- Portland PC Users Group -- 7:15-9:15 p.m. | Open meetings, with guest speakers, info and raffles.
- Location: Varies, please see the meetings page for up-to-date info on location and schedule changes.
- Extreme Programming Portland -- 6:30 p.m. | People interested in the XP-style of software development.
- Location: CubeSpace 622 SE Grand Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- Contact: ArloBelshee on C2.com if you'd like to give a presentation, talk or lead an activity.
- Personal Telco -- 6 p.m. | Monthly group meetings for Personal Telco Project, which aims to build public Wi-Fi networks covering the city. (Note they also hold smaller meetings weekly -- see their weekly listing.)
- Location: Varies, see their monthly meeting page for current info.
- PDXLinux.org -- Portland Linux/UNIX Group (PLUG) -- 7 p.m. | General group meetings (see third Monday listing for their advanced topic meeting info).
- Location: Portland State University's Smith Memorial Student Union, room 294, 1825 SW Broadway, Portland OR 97201
- PDXLUG.org -- Portland Linux User Group -- Round-table discussions about Linux and Open Source related topics.
- Location: Fireside Coffee Lodge, 1223 SE Powell Blvd Portland, OR 97202.
- Rose City Spin -- A monthly seminar with speaker from the Rose City Software Process Improvement Network. Registration required (no cost).
- Location Wilson Clark Center, OGI campus, 20000 NW Walker Rd Beaverton, OR 97006
- Info: http://www.pnsqc.org/spin.php
- Portland Adobe Servers User Group -- 5:30-7:30 | See their meetings page for each month's presentation topic
- Location: PCC Sylvania Campus, Library Building Room 112, 12000 SW 49th Ave, Portland, OR 97219.
- Info: meetings page
- Portland PostgreSQL Users Group (PDXPUG) -- General discussion meetings focused on the PostgreSQL database.
- BarCamp.org/BarCampPortland: Informal meetups monthly at 5:30 p.m. (except for months with either a Ignite Portland or a formal BarCamp event. Meetings are for those interested in the Ignite and BarCamp events and for those just interested in chatting about technology.
- Location: Jive Software office, 317 SW Alder St. Suite 500, Portland, OR 97204.
- Database Reading Group -- 10 to 11:30 a.m. | at Datalab-sponsored entity at Portland State University discussing papers related to database technology.
- Location: Portland State University's 4th Ave Building, room 115, 1900 SW 4th Ave, Portland, OR 97201
- Info: Reading group announcement via group mailing list at
- PDXTeam -- PDXTeam is the Ubuntu user group for the city of Portland. Meetings are open and are also simultaneously monitored on the #ubuntu-pdx freenode IRC channel.
- Location: Old Town Pizza, 226 NW Davis, Portland, Oregon 97209
- Info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PDXTeam
Other regular meetings (dates generally TBD)
- Portland User Interface Special Interest Group (UI-SIG) -- Internet, software and product development professionals who meet monthly to learn more about usability and user experience. Meetings include a presentation by a local company.
- Portland Visual Basic User Group -- Monthly meetings since 1994.
- Location: SQLSoft+, 1500 NW Bethany Blvd, Suite 285, Beaverton, Oregon OR 97007
- Info: http://www.pdxvbug.com/default.asp
- Portland Open Coffee -- An Opencoffeeclub.org meeting for Portland. An informal chance for networking between local startup entrepreneurs, developers, and investors.
- Location: Stumptown Coffee, 128 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, Oregon 97204
- Info: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/174640/
- PAGIS -- The Portland Area GIS (Geographic information system) users group, part of the the Oregon and Southwest Washington Chapter of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association. Regular meetings to connect with the local GIS community.
- CascadeSIGGRAPH.org -- General meetings for the local chapter of Special Interest Group on GRAPHics and Interactive Technologies (SIGGRAPH). All are welcome to come and meet like-minded computer graphics people.
- pdxfunc -- Regular meetings of a user group exploring the world of functional programming (OCaml, Haskell, Erlang, Scala, etc.).
- DevGroupNW.org -- A forum for developers to meet, share knowledge about what's happening in the web, multimedia and interactive communities.
- Portland InDesign User Group -- Regular monthly meetings for Portland's community of Adobe InDesign users.
- DorkbotPDX.org -- Regular informal meetings every other week.
- PADNUG -- Portland Area .NET Users Group -- Meetings for software developers to discuss .NET and related technologies. Meets approximately once a month.
- Info: http://www.padnug.org/
- PDX User Experience -- 6:30 p.m. 3rd Tuesday of odd-numbered months | Meetings for both developers and designers.
- Location: Pop Art, 718 SW Alder Street, 2nd Floor Community Room
- Portland Storage Networking User Group -- Portland SNUG is a local community of data storage professionals who come together to network and learn about storage-related topics in a vendor-neutral, education-focused environment. All meetings feature an industry speaker.
- Location: Times and locations coordinated through mailing list.
- Info: http://www.storagenetworking.org/User_Groups/snug_profile.asp?id=170
- PAGDIG -- Portland Area Game Developer Interest Group -- Local International Game Developers Association (IGDA) chapter generally meets monthly at a variety of locations.
- Info: http://www.pagdig.org/ for meeting dates, times and locations.
- Salesforce.com User Group -- Irregular monthly meetings for the Portland user group at Salesforce.com.