A wiki is only as strong as the community that surrounds it. In addition to reading and editing pages that you care about on AboutUs, there are any number of ways you can contribute to making AboutUs a vibrant community.
- Improve pages about websites
- See How to improve AboutUs pages for more ideas.
- Become a List Keeper by creating and tending a list about a topic that interests you.
- See List Keeping for more information.
- Become a RecentChanges Patroller -- For special people who have the expertise and the drive to help with operation of AboutUs.
- Flag PossibleAdultContent pages - Help identify pages that might have adult content in accordance with AboutUs' AdultContentPolicy.
- Report Bugs - Knowing when something isn't working is invaluable because we won't notice all bugs, or right away. If you notice a bug contact us with the details of the bug and which web browser you're using.
- Tutor New People - Most new folks need some help with wiki editing and as you learn there is a great opportunity to help others. You can watch edits being made and leave talk page messages for people that you think you can help.
- Helping out in LiveChat - Help people in AboutUs' chat room/IRC channel with editing wiki or with general questions about AboutUs.
Other Ways You Can Participate
- Add an AboutUs badge or widget to your website or blog
- Are you fluent in a language other than English? - You can help translate important pages here at AboutUs. Chat with us for guidance.
- Help shape AboutUs with your feedback - Post on our GetSatisfaction or contact us another way.
- Tell your friends about AboutUs - Link to a page or list that you've edited on your favorite social networking site or tell your friends or colleagues about how you use AboutUs.