What does a qualified IT Manager, Network Engineer or Network Administrator look like? We are asked frequently about the difference between the average high school “geek” that most computer consulting companies use and a professional IT person that Masley And Associates uses.
While it is true there are some very basic PC issues which both types of IT people could easily fix, there is a vast difference when it comes to support and more complex issues.
We only use the top Network Engineers and Network Administrators yet we offer them to our clients for the same low cost. We know how to find and retain the top IT personnel because we are the top IT personnel.
Most other computer consulting companies are owned and run by non-technical people with sales, marketing or business backgrounds while Masley And Associates is owned by a network engineer and administrator with multiple certifications and thirteen years hands-on experience in the field. Who would you rather have managing your IT Department; an experienced IT Professional or a Sales and Marketing guy?
We have twelve years of experience in IT, Management and multiple Certifications in networking including Microsoft and Novell – CNE, CNA, MCSE. We have five accredited, professional, certified computer technicians on our staff ready to serve you. Here is what a qualified IT Manager, Network Engineer, Network Administrator resume looks like. You will notice there are certifications, real world experience and wide exposure to many different technologies:
OBJECTIVE · IT Manager - To aggressively and successfully manage Local and Wide Area Network Departments and Staff to provide maintenance, troubleshooting and support for reliability and growth in and . Relocating from to December 2007.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS · Twelve years of Network Engineering experience, with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn and integrate new technology in a variety of industries.
· Proven expertise in various network technologies, detailed below.
· Certified in both Novell Netware and Microsoft Windows networks.
· Proven success in implementing management, operations, technical and interpersonal skills to increase productivity, reliability and teamwork to benefit the company.
· Team Lead for security, repair, installation, migration, and maintenance of large-scaleWindows and Novell network of over 7000 end users.
· Hands on experience in Wireless Networking, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Optical Networking, Switching/Bridging (VLAN, Spanning Tree), VPNs, LAN/WAN/MAN, TCP/IP Protocol, IP Addressing and Subnetting, IP Access Lists, Routing Protocols, Token Ring, ATM, Frame Relay, HP OpenView NNM, Cisco Works for Switched Internetworks, Resource Manager Essentials, Cisco Security Management Center (PIX, IDS), Microsoft Visio, WebNM, IBM compatible computers, Windows 2000/NT/XP, Remote Desktop Management, Microsoft Office 2000/XP, Norton, Remedy, Compupic Pro, Network Security, MicroStation (95/SE/J/8)
· Hands on experience with Cisco 2600/3600/4000/7200/7500 series routers, Cisco Catalyst 1900/2900/5000/5500 series switch, Cisco 3550 Multilayer Switch, Cisco PIX Firewall, Cisco IDS 515E, CAD/CAM Systems, Netopia Routers, IBM Workstations and Servers, Printers
· Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows Enterprise Server, Small Business Server and Workstation NT through 2003, Novell 3.1-5.1, UNIX, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, AutoCAD, MAPICS, Rhumba Reflections, ISA Server
· Programming experience in Visual Basic, Basic, COBOL, FORTRAN, SQL, Oracle and DBASE
· MCSE, CNA, and CNE Certified
· United States Department Of Defense SECRET Security Clearance 2005
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE MASLEY AND ASSOCIATES
1994 To Present
Senior Computer Network Consultant
· 2GWLAN for Harriss and General Dynamics for Peterson Airforce Base In and Luke Airforce Base in . Designed 2 GW Wireless LAN that went into both Airforce bases and he also implemented them. Worked with Aruba Controllers, Aruba Access Points, RADIUS and TACACS Servers, used Motorola LAN Planner to do the design.
· Network Engineer responsible for system configuration, communications, and installation of hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
· Installed and maintained entire computer networks for major and companies including:
· JNIC Missile Defense Agency Schreiver Air Force Base Department Of Defense, Net Solutions, Planet Network, Analysts International, Accucode, Capitol Records, Unihealth Insurance, Fuji Bank, UNOCOL 76, Price Company, Mellon Financial, Mallinckrodt Medical, Shiley Medical, AJS Accounting Service, Online Connecting Point, Sandpiper Computer, Nadek, ARC, Farmers Insurance, Classic Homes, Horizon, Qualtek Manufacturing, Powell Manufacturing, RL Holdings, Gart Sports, The Sports Authority, COACT, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Anaheim Memorial Medical Center, Computer Support Network and Manpower Technical.
· Performed nationwide wireless network upgrade for The Sports Authority and Gart Sports on multi-tier network with over 1000 users.
· Migrated ’s Hospital from Novell to Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000 on multi-site network with over 2000 users.
· Migrated from Windows 98, NT Server, and Exchange 5.5 to Windows XP, 2000 Server, and Exchange 2000 on multi-site network with over 4000 users.
· Designed and documented data and voice networks from the ground up.
· Trained customers and managers on system capabilities and usage.
· Performed Systems Administration on Windows Servers and Clients for Local and Wide Area Networks.
· Configured and tested all necessary network platforms under extreme time constraints resulting in successful customer acceptance of required test bed network.
· Established network security measures in order to support defense agency accreditation for The Department Of Defense at Schreiver Air Force Base JNIC Missile Defense Agency.
· Recommended and implemented network wide security management solution, including Firewall policies and configuration, router access-lists, and agent based network monitoring.
MALLINCKRODT MEDICAL 1994 To 1999
· Managed all aspects of several network implementations including network planning, design, testing, documentation, deployment and maintenance of Windows based system.
· Responsible for complete support, installation, maintenance and training for all network and system components.
· Developed training and support plans for 400-user network.
· Lead effort to migrate Novell based Microsoft and CCMail servers with upgraded Windows NT based Exchange Servers. Included development and implementation of plan to provide remote access to e-mail and database servers via Windows NT RAS.
· Administered Windows NT, Back Office, Exchange, RAS, AS400s, MAPICS, JD Edwards, Rhumba and Reflections.
COMPUTER SUPPORT NETWORK 1993-1994
· Responsible for hardware and software system configuration, installation, repair and maintenance on Microsoft and Novell networks, PCs and printers.
· Managed large team with diverse backgrounds to consistently provide increased customer satisfaction and system performance.
· Supervised staff of seven computer and network technicians
· Managed daily company operations and client accounts.
· Designed, configured and installed Novell Networks and PC systems.
· Provided technical and cost considerations for proposals to satisfy customers.
· Sourced vendors and provided on-site technical support on workstations and network hardware and software
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND SECURITY CLEARANCE Education:
Novell Certified Network Administration and
Engineering Program – Graduated in the top 10% of the JTPA Grant Class of 93
· SECRET, United States Department Of Defense 2005
TECHNICAL SKILLS · Networking: Wireless Networking
· 10/100/1000 Ethernet
· Optical Networking
· Switching/Bridging (VLAN, Spanning Tree)
· VPNs, LAN/WAN/MAN
· TCP/IP Protocol
· IP Addressing and Subnetting
· IP Access Lists, Routing Protocols
· Token Ring, ATM
· Frame Relay
· HP OpenView NNM
· Cisco Works for Switched Internetworks
· Resource Manager Essentials
· (PIX, IDS)
· Microsoft Visio
· IBM compatible computers
· Windows Server, Small Business Server and Workstation 2003/2000/NT/XP/Vista
· Exchange 5.5/2000/2003
· Remote Desktop Management
· Microsoft Office 2003/2000/XP
· Compupic Pro
· Network Security
· (95/SE/J/8) HP Openview
· OSPF,BGP,VLAN,IPSEC, routing and bridging protocols
Hardware: · Cisco 2600/3600/4000/7200/7500 series routers
· Cisco Catalyst 1900/2900/5000/5500 series switch
· Cisco 3550 Multilayer Switch
· Cisco PIX Firewall
· Cisco IDS 515E
· CAD/CAM Systems
· Netopia Routers
· IBM Workstations and Servers
Software/OS: · Microsoft Windows (all versions)
· Novell 3.1-5.1
· Microsoft Exchange
· Microsoft Office
· Word Perfect
· Rhumba Reflections
· ISA Server RAID Storage Devices SAN Storage Devices
Programming: · Visual Basic, Basic
· Oracle and DBASE
What this means to our clients is greater efficiency. While it would be no problem to use a high school “geek” to add memory to your home computer, most businesses would not want a high school “geek” working on their business network yet sometimes that is exactly what happens to some unfortunate businesses.
So how does an unknowing business find true IT professionals who are competent and capable of working on their systems and network?
1. Ask exactly which ceritifications they have and make sure they are certified in the “Top Three” – Microsoft, Novell and Cisco(they take years of study and practice to obtain). Most computer consulting companies find high school “geeks” willing to work for $20 per hour or less, get them their A+ certification(a one-day, basic PC knowledge test) and charge you more than $75 per hour for them! The truth is most other computer consulting companies are only qualified to replace memory or adapter cards in a PC.
2. Ask for references.
3. Ask for a guarantee.
4. Check BBB.com The Better Business Bureau for the company’s rating.
5. Ask how long they have been working in the IT industry and a description of some of the larger, more complex projects they have worked on.
The bottom line is your network is critical to your business and belongs in the hands of the professionals in order to save you time, money and effort. We are the professionals. Think of us as your outsourced IT department. Contact us today we are always available for hire.
Contact Us Masley And Associates Computer And Network IT Repair Sales And Service
(719) 649 – 7451
Pages in category "Computer"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 73,093 total.(previous page) (next page)