PDX_Coffee_Shops is a review of various coffee shops around Portland, OR
This wiki page serves to answer one question:
- Which coffee shop is appropriate for which occassion?
Right now, only information for coffee shops around the Pearl District is available. But this will change — with your help. A Field Guide to Coffeeshops around Northwest Portland
Your job is, either to:
- Add a new coffee shop under
- The Ideal For category
- The Localities
- Add bits of information on a coffee shop under
- Ideal For
- Wifi Rating
- Pro Tip
- Working Individually, where volume and distraction are issues
- Coworking/Group Meeting, where size of space, wifi access and amenities are issues
- Client Meeting, where atmosphere ("impressionability") is an issue
- Working Late, where late=after midnight, at least.
- Fireside Lodge (SE Powell and 11th, 24hrs!)
- Urban Grind Northwest - Website
- Sip and Kranz - Website
- Peet's Coffee and Tea: Pearl - Website
- Boyd's Coffee - Website
- World Cup Coffee and Tea: Powell's - Website (Yellow Room, Powell's Books)
- World Cup Coffee and Tea: Ecotrust
- World Cup Coffee and Tea: Glisan
- Backspace - Website
- Caffé Umbria - Website
- Ken's Artisan Bakery - website
- First Cup Coffeehouse - Website (SE Woodstock and 42nd; best bagels in Portland?)
- Fireside Lodge - Website on SE Powell and 12th, open 24 hours
- Fine Grind - Website on SE 39th, south of Hawthorne
- True Brew (Milwaukee Blvd just S of Powell)
- Fresh Pot at Powell's Hawthorne
- Stumptown Coffee: Division - Website SE Division and 45th
- Stumptown Coffee: Belmont Website SE Belmont and 34th
- Sweetness Bakery and Cafe, SE 52nd just south of Powell
- Grand Jeté Cafe (SE Morrison and 6th)
- Chance of Rain (SE Hawthorne and 32nd)
- Jacé Gacé Website 2045 SE Belmont
- Fuel Cafe - (503) 335-3835 - (NE Alberta and 14th)
- Jim and Patty's - Website (NE Fremont and 50th)
- Ristretto Roasters - Website (NE Fremont and 42nd)
- Extracto - Website (NE Killingsworth and 29th)
- Cafe Destino (NE Fremont and 14th)
- The Big Room - (503) 477-4792 Only French Press Served, Only Thursdays 5-8, Jazz - Website (Mississippi & NE Dekum)
N. Portland/St. Johns
- Ristretto Roasters - Website - (503) 288-8667 - (N. Williams and Failing)
- Fresh Pot - Website - (503) 284-8928 - (N Mississippi and Shaver)
- Village Coffee in Multnomah Village (7781 SW Capitol Hwy) 503.244.3954 no wifi, cash only, great atmosphere, fantastic espresso drinks
- Baker and Spice in Hillsdale (6330 SW Capitol Hwy) awesome bakery that serves great espresso drinks
- Grand Central Baking Company in Multnomah Village 503.977.2024 (3425 SW Multnomah Blvd) Bakery with sandwiches, salads and espresso drinks
- Silk Espresso, 3030 NE Hogan location
- Atmosphere - spacious, bright (plenty of daylight), variety of spots to sit
- Super friendly staff (especially Leah)
- In a shopping center; close to Mt. Hood Community College
- The bagels are awesome. =)
- Silver Creek Coffee House & Howard Hinsdale Cellars (wine bar) - 111 N. Water Street. 503-874-9600.
- Atmosphere - Casual in the coffee shop, a few outlets available.
- Amenities - Tables, sofas, deck overlooking Silverton Creek. Food available.
- Ideal For - Working individually; not usually busy. The wine bar might be good for a meeting.
- Wifi Rating - Good.
- Pro Tip - The outlet in the bookshelf in the corner (by the window) is loose; prop the plug with one of the teddy bears.
- Aside - Lots of locals hang out here. Close to Silver Falls State Park. From 205 take the Mollala/Oregon City exit, follow Route 213 down into Silverton, when you hit the fork, make a left onto Water and the coffee shop is on your right. About 40 minutes from 205.