3DN Grass Powered Greenhouse
The green house I would like to build has the following components:
- Hay field - harvested to raise grasshoppers - fed to chickens -
- chicken waste - to worm bed - worms to feed chickens - worm castings to planting bed -
- planting beds - raise tomatoes, chili peppers and onions - waste to worm bed -
- chickens, tomatoes, chili peppers and onions - go into Green Chili Sauce -
- which goes to an attached restaurant serving smothered bean burritos and chicken enchiladas
The basic idea is to include as many closed loop production/consumption cycles as possible to reduce cash costs.
As cash costs approach zero, gross revenue approaches net income which can then be reinvested in additional capacity.