The company was founded in 1941. In November 1941, during World War II, the first trains arrived in Tomsk with people and equipment evacuated from the Moscow plant "Frezer", which was at that time the major tool producer in Russia. The factory was built during the hard Siberian winter by heroic work of its engineers, workers and managers. Just in 3 month the company put out the first tools.
For over 60 years Tomsky Instrument has grown with the industries it serves. Each stage of its development brought implementation of up-to-date equipment, new approaches to technological processes, improvement of organization of the production cycle.
One of the stages of rapid development are the 70s - 80s. New production facilities were built, more than 250 highly efficient machines were mounted, as well as more than 300 units of special automatic and semi-automatic equipment, new automated assembly lines and multiway facilities. The factory worked in close cooperation with research-and-development institutions, developing new technological processes and using high-alloy steels. It made possible to increase output, extend the product range and improve quality of tools. The factory production was attested by the State quality mark. The sales, including the export sales, increased. These years were also characterized by expedited construction of the residential area around the factory. Kindergartens, a sports club, a school, health centres, staff training facilities were built.