CowgirlCreamery.com produces and sells organic cheese in California & Washington
Cowgirl Creamery is the artisan cheesemaking branch of Tomales Bay Foods in Point Reyes Station, CA. Their award winning cheeses are featured in over 10 area restaurants, and are available for purchase via their website and in stores in Northern California, including Whole Foods Markets in the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to selling cheese from the Tomales Bay Foods headquarters in Point Reyes Station, they have cheese shops in San Francisco and Washington, DC.
The Cowgirl Creamery website includes:
Buy Cheese -- Purchase Cowgirl Creamery cheeses online.
Information on their cheeses -- Pictures, notes and nutritional information on their aged cheeses like their Mt. Tam, Red Hawk, St. Pat and Pierce Pt.; as well as their fresh cheeses, the Clabbered Cottage Cheese, Fromage Blanc and Creme Faiche.
How They Make Their Cheeses -- A 19 step look at how cheese is made.
The Artisan Cheese Club -- 12, 6 and 3 month memberships of cheese from some of the world's finest artisian cheesemakers. Join any Cowgirl Creamer Cheese Club and receive a Cowgirl Club discount card good for 10% any cheese purchase through the website, retail stores or from the toll-free cheese hotline.
Library of Cheese -- Searchable database, letting you select by type of cheese, farm/cheesemaker, type of milk, country, or the type of treatment the milk received (pasteurized, raw, raw and pasteurized).
Wholesale information, links, contact info and a history of the creamery can also be found on the website.
Excerpted from their website:
- From West Marin to the World
- It has been just nine years since Sue Conley and Peggy Smith launched Tomales Bay Foods in a renovated barn in Point Reyes Station, California. After successful careers as Bay Area chefs (Sue owned the popular Bette's Oceanview Diner in Berkeley; Peggy ran the kitchen at the renowned Chez Panisse), the women shifted their focus to Tomales Bay. Their new market would carry the region's finest natural foods and other products, from prepared dishes, fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, wines and cheeses. Sue and Peggy began to make cheese from the pure, natural, organic milk produced by Straus Family Dairy, and Cowgirl Creamery was born. All Cowgirl Creamery cheeses are still made at the barn in Point Reyes Station.
Toll-free cheese hotline 866-433-7834
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. PST
Cowgirl Creamery at Tomales Bay Foods
- 80 Fourth Street
- Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
- Phone (415) 663-9335
- Fax (415) 663-5418
- Wednesday through Sunday, 10am - 6pm
- Friday morning tours @ 11:30a.m (reservations recommended)
Cowgirl Creamery Cheese Shop at the Ferry Plaza
- 1 Ferry Building, #17
- San Francisco, CA 94111
- (415) 362-9354
- Fax (415) 362-9355
- Open 7 days a week
Cowgirl Creamery in Washington, DC
- 919 F Street NW
- Penn Quarter
- Washington, D.C. 20004
- FAX (202)393-6883
- Open Tuesday through Saturday
27 Sept. 2006