BrosIx.org Brosix Public is a free highly secure instant messaging tool
Brosix PUBLIC Free Instant Messenger
Brosix PUBLIC Free Instant Messenger is the free version of Brosix Enterprise Instant Messenger
Brosix.org is in fact one of the private Instant Messaging networks hosted by Brosix Enterprise Instant Messenger, but it is opened so everyone can join.
Connecting with others via Instant Messenger (IM) is faster, more efficient and less expensive than traditional communication options. You can easily verify who is available online and eliminate downtime. This makes Instant Messaging ideal and nessesary business tool.
Brosix gives everyone opportunity to build their own business class Instant Messaging network. With a business Instant Messaging network companies benefit from improving their employees communication and at the same time avoid all disadvantages of free public IM networks.
Brosix was founded in 2006 to develop easy-to-use, secure communication tools for home and enterprises. Its goal is to enable people and organizations to benefit from innovative instant messaging and other Internet technologies without making substantial investments in hardware, software and infrastructure.
Brosix Messenger Features
- Text Chat - send an instant message to anyone from your buddy list. Brosix provides as well support for offline-messages and text conference.
- Text Conference - invite your colleagues or friends and easily establish an online chat room.
- Voice Chat - talking is easier to explain what you mean, need, require. And here is for free - no phone bills, no taxes.
- Voice Conference - combine other Brosix features (like Whiteboard, Co-Browse, Screen Sharing) with Voice Conference to achieve reliable and efficient online meeting. And it is free - no phone bills, no taxes.
- Voice Mail - leave a voice mail message to anyone from your contact list. This way you can easier and faster explain what you wanted to say while he/she has been unavailable.
- Video Chat - see who you are talking to and the expression of his/her face.
- File Transfer - send a file or group of files. You can drag-and-drop the selected files or browse for them.
- Co-Browse - share a browser. The easiest way to show what you are looking at. No need to explain what URL to type and which link to click. Just open the Co-Browse and your friend (colleague) will follow your browsing automatically.
- Whiteboard - draw your ideas. You can use variety of tools, select different colors, even add text captions.
- Screenshot - Send a screenshot of your desktop to your party with just one click. (By holding the Ctrl key while you click the Screenshot icon the Brosix windows will be visible on the screenshot.)
- Screen Sharing - show your computer desktop. It is easier to show what you do than explaining. With this feature you can show your desktop or watch the desktop of the user as well as remote control his/her computer.
- Encryption - all the traffic is encrypted.
- Profile picture - You can set a picture in your profile. The picture will be displayed in the Text Chat window, in the File Transfer, in the Voice Conference and wherever appropriate.
- Brosix is portable - You can install your Brosix on a flash drive and take it around with you.
About.com Award Nominations
In Feb. of 2009 Brosix was nominated for the following categories in the About.com annual Best IM's competition:
- Designers of the Year
- Best IM Feature (for Whiteboard Feature)
- Most Improved IM's of 2009
- Best 3rd Party IM
- Best IM Experience 2009