Baptist Temple Fort Worth
South Fort Worth Baptist Temple began with the late Dr. B.F. Dearmore’s love for God and his passion for souls. Dr. Dearmore was instrumental in establishing several churches in northern Texas and southern Oklahoma. South Forth Worth Baptist Temple was established in 1954 on Jessamine Avenue and later moved to Forest Park Boulevard. Dr. Dearmore began Worth Bible College at South Fort Worth Baptist Temple after serving as Chairman of Faculty of the Bible Baptist Seminary under Dr. J. Frank Norris. Today, Dr. Dearmore’s legacy continues through his two sons, Dr. Roy Dearmore and Dr. James Dearmore, serving as Independent Baptist Missionaries.
Baptist Temple began in 1954 by B.F. Dearmore. (Dr Dearmore was chairman of the faculty and director of the correspondence school for Bible Baptist Seminary under Dr. J Frank Norris and the First Baptist Church, Ft. Worth, TX) Baptist Temple began as and has remained an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. We are Old Fashioned (as opposed to the new Contemporary styles of worship) in our music, using traditional gospel music, in our Preaching, and in our standards and separation, with a strong emphasis on the inspiration and preservation of the Word of God that was preserved for the English speaking world in the King James Bible.
James Cox, the second pastor of South Fort Worth Baptist Temple, was saved and surrendered to preach while serving under Dr. Dearmore. Brother James Cox pastored the church for approximately twenty years before he retired.