Archives.gov site accessed by buses at the Anchorage Transit Center
NARA - U.S. National Archives and Records Administration - Archives.gov Home
Excerpted from the website:
- About the National Archives
- Of all documents and materials created in the course of business conducted by the United States Federal government, only 1%-3% are so important for legal or historical reasons that they are kept by us forever.
- Those valuable records are preserved and are available to you, whether you want to see if they contain clues about your family’s history, need to prove a veteran’s military service, or are researching an historical topic that interests you.
- Spotlight on National Archives History
- The National Archives and Records Administration became an independent federal agency in 1985. Learn about how the archives came into independence in a video panel discussion about our journey.
- Alexa: Archives.gov